Skagit Valley College

Applying for Financial Aid

2017-2018: Apply NOW!


Use this helpful Instruction Sheet for navigating through the financial aid application process!

Also, be sure to note the following Priority Deadlines for application completion:

  • Students are able to file a 2017–18 FAFSA NOW! Beginning October 1st, students can complete their application for the upcoming school year, rather than the previous application availability date of January 1st. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling students to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 each year.
  • Students will use earlier income information. Beginning with the 2017–18 FAFSA, students will be required to report income information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2017–18 FAFSA, students (and parents, as appropriate) will report their 2015 income information, rather than their 2016 income information.
  • Review the What You Need to Know About the 2017-2018 FAFSA help sheet for additional tips.


Application Procedures

Application Procedures

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at SVC must be listed with our school code - 003792.

Complete your FAFSA Application

Once you complete your FAFSA, you will be sent a letter asking you to complete additional financial aid documents. Please return it promptly to the Financial Aid Office. You can also view our office's requests for additional information by logging into the Financial Aid Portal, using your social security number and date of birth.

Visit the Financial Aid Student Portal Here

After these initial items are submitted, your file will be reviewed in the order information is received. You can check the status of your file by logging into the Portal. If further clarification or verification is needed, a request for additional information will be sent to your mySVC email account. A financial aid award will not be made until the Financial Aid Office has received all of the items requested.

  • If you have previous college enrollment, request that all copies of your academic transcripts be sent to the Admissions Office.

  • Request an official evaluation of SVC and other transcripts if you have a prior degree or certificate, 1 year or more of postsecondary enrollment at any school, or more than 30 credits from SVC or any school.

  • If you want to apply for a student loan you must first complete the FAFSA and the submit forms requested by the Financial Aid Office