Skagit Valley College

Student Life Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where Can I Obtain a Student Handbook?

    Student Handbooks are located in the Student Life Office and are free to currently registered students. These handbooks are full of useful information, calendar and other items to help you be as successful as a student. During the first week of each quarter the ASSVC Student Government will hand out Student Handbooks.

  • Where Can I Get a List of Clubs/Organizations at Skagit Valley College?

    Clubs and advisors are listed in the Student Handbook. However, some of the clubs may become inactive throughout the academic year. To check on the status of a club, call or email the advisor who is listed in the handbook, or call the Student Life Office at 416-7611 for Mount Vernon or 360-679-5311 for Whidbey Island Campus.

  • Where Can I Get a List of Off-Campus Housing?

    You can find a list of off-campus housing on the SVC website under Student Life and Housing. For information on Campus View Village (on-campus housing) please call (360) 416-7650 or email

  • How Can I Get Approved to Post an Ad for an Item I Have for Sale or to Announce an Upcoming Event?

    All advertisements must come through the Student Life Office and must be approved before posting.

    Note: Student Life has the right to decline any advertisement due to inappropriate, offensive or degrading content and/or images.

  • Are Display Cases for Campus Use Only?

    Yes, display cases are only for campus use.

  • Where Can I Find Information About Upcoming Events?

    There are six ways students can get information regarding information for events:

    1. Calendar of events hung around campus for students to view.
    2. Flat screen TVs located around campus with information on upcoming community and SVC events.
    3. Student announcements sent out via email to students.
    4. Social Media: Facebook and Tumblr.
    5. Online Events Calendar
  • Where Can I Get Information About Health Insurance, Answers to Immunization Questions, or Any Other Health-Related Issues?

    On the Mount Vernon Campus, there are brochures with this information in the Student Life Office (C-50).
    On the Whidbey Island Campus, immunizations and health related paperwork is located in the Registration Office

  • How Do I Start a New Club?

    The following are required steps in starting a new club:

    • Define your club's purpose and create a purpose statement.
    • Find an advisor. (SVC Staff or Faculty)
    • Hold an interest meeting and find five members (including yourself). You may want to also define your club officers at this time: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
    • Decide if you want to be formal or informal.
    • Create a club constitution and submit it, with a running membership roster, to the ASSVC Constitutional Review Committee.