Skagit Valley College

Workforce Grant Funding

Welcome to Workforce Grants!

WorkForce Grants offers scholarships, resources and support for your training and education.

Download WorkForce Grants Application

WorkForce Programs can support:

  • Professional technical training
  • Pre-College Skills (high school diploma, GED, basic skills or ESL)

Each funding program has different criteria to qualify but we’ve made it easy for you to apply for them all with just one application. 

Once you've completed the application, it can be turned it:

  • In person: Lewis Hall, Room 116 on the Mount Vernon Campus
  • Emailed to:
  • Faxed to: 360.416.2534

Don’t forget to turn in the supporting documentation with your application!  You will find these listed on the application itself.

SVC WorkForce Grants General Contact and Information

Lewis Hall, Room 116 | Office hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 360.416.7971

Basic Food Employment & Training (BFET) provides educational training for low income students receiving federally-issued Basic Food Assistance access college, BFET students can receive funding to pursue professional/technical pathways, basic education and gain employment. BFET assists with tuition, fees, books and other educational expenses. Childcare referrals through Working Childcare Connections and Basic Food referrals are available to BFET eligible students.

For specific questions, please contact:
Maria Galindo

Opportunity Grant (OG) serves low income adults at or below 200% of the federal poverty level who are pursuing one of the following technical educational pathways: Allied Health, Nursing, Office Technology, Business Management, Manufacturing, Welding, Early Childhood Education, Marine Technology and Automotive.  Opportunity Grant can fund up to 45 credits of college tuition and fees, up to $1,000 per year toward the cost of books and supplies, and other educational expenses.

For specific questions, please contact:
Maria Galindo

The WorkFirst (WF) grant can fund tuition, books and fees for Professional Technical Educational programs for students receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance.  To receive funding as a WF student, the student must have a referral to SVC from their DSHS WorkFirst case manager.

For specific questions, please contact:

Becky Wood

Alana Quigley

Worker Retraining (WRT) can provide educational job training for people who wish to gain skills in a high wage, high demand field. Worker Retraining assists students who receive unemployment benefits, displaced homemakers, and self-employed now unemployed.

For specific questions, please contact:
Lisa Barnett

Early Achievers (EAG) serves eligible students who are currently employed in an actively-participating Early Achievers child care facility. EAOG provides 52 credits of college tuition toward ECE training and up to $1,000 per year toward the cost of books along with wrap-around student support services.

For specific questions, please contact:

Daisy Padilla