Whidbey Island Campus TRiO Support Services
Welcome to Whidbey Island Campus TRiO Student Support Services!
What is TRiO Student Support Services?
The TRIO Student Support Services program is a federally funded grant program that assists eligible students who want to excel in college and transfer to complete a four-year degree, but may have backgrounds that make this task difficult or challenging.
Services to Students
You will get to know our staff personally and get individual attention when difficulties arise because we limit the number of students we serve for just this reason.
You will find help here that is not found elsewhere on campus.
Our staff will introduce you to people and programs, on and off campus, that can help you when we are not able to.
Opportunities for excellence:
Our focus is helping you achieve academic excellence.
For more information please refer to the Program Services page.
To be eligible to participate in TRIO Student Support Services (SSS), a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a US Citizen, US National (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island), or US Permanent Resident with a Form I-551, I-151, I-551C (Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card), also known as a green card.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Be highly motivated with demonstrated need for support and intention to transfer to a four-year college immediately after completing Skagit Valley College degree.
- Identify as one or more of the following groups:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree).
- Low-income according to Federal Standards (students may be required to provide proof of income status; if under age 24 and single, income information may be required from parents).
- Have a documented physical or learning disability.
Print and complete the following application here. You are also welcome to stop by the Program Coordinator's office in Hayes Hall to pick up an application.
If you have any additional questions, call 360-679-5393 or email TrioStudentServices@skagit.edu